Fortfield Farm B&B is an ideal location for touring Kerry, situated in Killimer, only 3 minutes drive from Killimer/Tarbert Car Ferry: 20 minutes crossing.
- From Tarbert 35 mins to Tralee,
- 1hr 10 mins to Killarney and the ring of Kerry.
Kilrush town is of great historical interest, with its 18 hole golf course, Marina, dolphin watching, fishing and sailing.
Visit Scattery island which is 2.5 KM off the coast of Kilrush, accessible by ferry. This is an ancient monastic settlement, founded by St. Senan, in the 6th Century, and who was born in Killimer.
West Clare is charming in its rugged beauty, with Kilkee Sea side resort only 20 mins drive from Fortfield. It is a magnificent crescent shaped safe beach, exhilarating cliff walks and of course Kilkee water world.
A leisurely drive round the peninsula to loop head is a must. Visit the beautiful villages of Kilbaha and Carrigaholt Dolphin Watching in carrigaholt offer a great opportunity to observe these dolphins in their natural environment.
Visit the Seaside of Lahinch with its famous golf links .
- The Cliffs of Moher (just north of Lahinch) stand at 700 feet.
- One of Clares best known villages is Doolin noted for its wealth of traditional music. The port for Doolin Ferry offers the shortest crossing to the Aran Islands.
- The Ailwee Caves extend 1.2 KM into the mountains
- The Burren - A remarkable limestone are and megalithic tombs and stone forts still stand in the Burren. 1hrs drive from Fortfield.
- Corrofin - A gateway to the Burren - this village houses the Clare heritage Centre
- Go East from Fortfield to market town of Ennis, Quin - The Craggaunowen project - “The living past”
- Knappogue Castle, Quin and Quin abbey Visit Bunratty Castle & Folk park and enjoy the medieval banquets - a truly enchanting evening.
- Limerick City is 1 hrs drive from Fortfield.
- Galway City is 1 ½ hrs. drive.